Moscow Triumphal Gate
The magnificent building on the main street of the district - Moscow Triumphal Gate - a monument to the victories of the Russian weapons in the wars with Persia and Turkey in 1826-1829. The monument was opened on October 16, 1838 (architect VP Stasov). In the 1930s, the gate was dismantled and restored in 1959-1961. Triumphal Gate - the largest prefabricated building of cast iron. In front of the gate there was an area bounded by a semicircular metal fence. Guard booths stood on both sides of the colonnade. Here was the first outpost (slingshot) on the way to Moscow. The sentries checked roadside travelers and charged fees.
Back to the list